On the southeast corner of Dean A McGee and N. Robinson, this ten-story buff brick and limestone building has an interesting history. Built by the founder of Braniff Airlines and one of the most successful and influential businessmen in Oklahoma City, Thomas Braniff, the building was designed and finished in 1923 by Solomon Layton, the foremost architect of the time.
The first and second floors are covered in limestone and are topped by an ornate heavy cornice. Above this, the north facade is divided into five bays, with nine bays on the west elevation. With windows set in pairs, the top floor is separated from the others by a second cornice.
It’s hard to imagine the splendor of this almost 100 years old building by mere words along, there is a quintessential charm that the Braniff Building possesses, an arduous task to mirror let alone complement.
However, in December of 2012, a 3,500-square-foot space in the Braniff Building was successfully converted into a cafe and bakery and became home to the respectfully named, Kitchen No. 324; the name stemming from the Braniff Building’s address.
A part of A Good Egg Dining Group, known for their tasteful pairings of historic buildings and delightful dinning destinations, Kitchen No. 324 is just as sensational as any of the groups other restaurants, notably: Red Prime, Cheever’s, Iron Star, Republic and Tucker’s.